Geopolitical Futures is in the market for a lights-out editor to help maintain the editorial integrity of our published product.
Duties and Responsibilities
Editors are responsible for everything that’s printed on our site. Successful candidates will:
- Edit and copyedit stories from analysts on a variety of topics (some composition required)
- Work with our creative department to produce engaging, quality multimedia products
- Collaborate with our marketing team to help craft our message
- Pitch and solicit compelling ideas for published pieces
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in English, journalism, international relations, political science, or a related field
- Candidates ideally would have 2+ years of experience in a digital publishing environment and familiarity with industry standard content management systems.
- A background in international affairs is essential
- A proven ability to adhere to AP style.
- Strong editorial skills and an advanced command of written and spoken English.
- A nearly debilitating attention to detail
- High-level reading comprehension
- Skill in analyzing and organizing information and solving problems
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to accept constructive criticism of work performance by reviewers
This is full-time, remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world, but know that you may be required to work unconventional hours or days as circumstances dictate. Interviewed applicants will be subject to editing tests. The position reports directly to the managing editor.
We offer attractive benefits – including medical, dental and vision – generous PTO, and a flexible work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If this sounds good to you, please submit your resume and a cover letter and any relevant writing samples you think appropriate to email@example.com