About Geopolitical Futures
Geopolitical Futures is an online publication dedicated to explaining and predicting the future course of the international system. One of the critical tasks of forecasting is to distinguish what matters from what doesn’t. While there are a staggering number of political and current events happening each day, few of them matter for the course of the international system. Geopolitical Futures, led by intelligence expert and New York Times bestselling author George Friedman, will continually apply its proven methodology to make forecasts, highlight what’s important, provide insight into why it matters and what to expect next. Our publication is for readers from diverse backgrounds who are interested in better understanding international events.
Job Description: We are looking for globally-aware, critical thinkers to add to our team of analysts. The position will require keeping acute awareness of global current events, daily research on selected items of interest, engaging in analytical conversations with peers and writing up findings. This is a full-time position with semi-flexible hours including some evenings and weekends. The company has a virtual office with no fixed location required though the job will require reliable internet access and ability to follow US Central time zone. The position begins with a paid three-month trial period during which the new analyst is trained in our methodology, learns Geopolitical Futures’ global model and acclimates to the fast-paced work environment. At the end of this trial period, both parties will evaluate if they wish to continue with the relationship and proceed accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree. Previous background in political science or international relations not required – we are looking for quality of mind first and foremost
- Familiarity with global issues and open to learning a new way of looking at the world
- Ability to quickly learn and process large amounts of information
- Can clearly articulate an argument that is founded and backed-up by evidence
Is proactive in participating in group discussions and work collaboratively with the team
- Must be able to clearly communicate (write and speak) in English; foreign language skills an asset but not essential